IDA INDIA is a non profit grass root level animal protection organisation, dedicated towards establishing and defending the rights of all non - human living creatures.
It aims at:
- Providing infrastructural facilities for shelters, dispensaries, ambulances etc for alleviating the suffering of animals.
- Lobbying for amendments to existing animal protection laws in India, to make them effective.
- Rescue of abused animals.
- Campaigning to secure legal recognition for animal rights nationally and internationally.
- Promoting vegetarianism.
- Promoting Animal Birth Control program and discouraging brutal extermination of stray animals.
- Creating awareness amongst people, so as to start a mass movement against -
- Use of animals in laboratories for experimentation.
- Vivi-section in schools & colleges
- Harsh training regimes in circuses and films
- Manhandling of slaughter animal and poultry chicken
- Cruelty to cows, bullocks, horses, donkeys,
- Breeding for commercial exploitation.